You are probably overwhelmed with excitement about your upcoming trip to Negril, Jamaica for Mocha Fest, as we are equally excited to be hosting you for the 6th Annual Mocha Fest Jamaica. To ensure your time spent travelling to and from Jamaica and your time on the island goes as smoothly as possible, we have prepared this email that will cover most if not all the things you need to know to get you ready for your trip. How much of this email you read will determine how informed you are about what to expect during your Mocha Fest Trip.
Your flight from your local airport should be taking you to Montego Bay Jamaica, arriving at the Donald Sangster international Airport. Once you clear Immigrations and Customs, you’ll enter the arrival lounge where you’ll see multiple Tour Desks, including Club Mobay VIP Arrival Lounge and Car Rental Services. If you booked your round trip airport transfer to/from Montego Bay to Negril with us, kindly proceed to the Jamaica Tours Ltd Desk aka JTL @ Desk # 21.
The JTL Representative will issue you a return transfer voucher with the hotel pick-up time for departure and direct you to your waiting air-conditioned bus.
If you purchased Club Mobay VIP Arrival service, they will escort you to the JTL desk then take you to the VIP Arrival lounge where you can enjoy complimentary snacks, alcohol, refreshments and WIFI service while you wait on your bus to depart.
Negril Jamaica, also known as the Capital of Casual, home to the world famous 7-mile white sand beach and the most legendary sunsets, will be a scenic 1 hour and 15mins drive away from the airport (could be longer depending on traffic). Your JTL transfer services will take you right to your hotel lobby. If you are staying at one of our Host Resorts, you’ll be greeted by our hostesses and Mocha Fest Concierge. Our team will assist with your speedy check-in plus present you with a printed version of the Mocha Fest Jamaica 2019 Party Guide, that will contain your full schedule of events for the next 5 days.
Redemption And Obtaining Your Party Wristband
The most important event of the weekend is our Thursday Night welcome Party and Opening of our ticket redemption. The all Pink cocktail affair will be hosted under the stars on the beautiful cliffs at Kaiser’s in West End Negril. In addition to the tasty Hors D’oeuvres and All Inclusive Cocktails, this is where you’ll receive your party Wristband that will give you unlimited access to the events to follow, plus collect your Mocha Fest welcome bag. The event is called Mingles because this is also where you get to meet many of the amazing people you’ll be partying with over the next 5 days, celebrity guest and entertainers, your Mocha Fest organizers and team members. Above all else, it will be the first of 9 wicked parties happening over the 5 days.
Free shuttle will be available for anyone staying in a hotel located on the 7-Mile Beach Strip in Negril. If you are staying on the West End, please make your way to the Burger King Located Downtown Negril to catch Party Shuttles. Shuttle buses will pull up outside the gate of our host hotels. If you are staying at any other hotel, look for the buses with the big MOCHA FEST SHUTTLE sign on the Windshield and do the same thing you would do to wave down a cab. If you are staying at the Palladium in Lucea, or at a hotel in Montego Bay, we have shuttle buses for $20 Roundtrip for Whet, Diamonds and Brunch. We will schedule a shuttle for any other event you wish to attend, as long as there are 4 or more people. Please follow and check the Mocha Fest Instagram page @mochafest, for updated shuttle times and schedule or whatsapp 876-433-0863
Important Regarding Daytime event - Splash
On Saturday May 25th, we will be hosting 3 parties simultaneously during the day. Our Splash event will have 3 Dance Floors.
Woodstock Negril – All Coco LaPalm Guest, Party Pass Holders and Individual Ticket Holders or Walk-In Guests.
HideAway Resort Main Pool – All HideAway Guests & Grand Lido Guests
Hedonism II Main Beach Pool– All guests staying at Hedonism II
What To Wear For Each Party:
- Thursday May 23rd – Mingles (PINK)
Pink, or any combination of semi-casual wear.
- Friday May 24th – Fantasy Beach (Bare As You Dare)
Beach wear, pasties, cover-ups, bare as you dare…This is a beach, wear sandals
- Friday May 24th – Tease (Lingerie/Pajamas)
Lingerie, Pajamas, Sleepwear, Go All 50 Shades Of Grey if you feel like it. Ladies can wear heels, but I suggest “wedges” not stilettos ideally as there are wood planks. The buses will take you right to the entrance, you will not have to walk out to road.
- Saturday May 25th – Splash
Swimwear any style any colour.
- Saturday May 25th – Diamonds (Black and Bling)
Black, Bling, Silver evening wear, club wear or your own creative couture. Dress to impress. Ladies wear wedges or comfortable shoes.
- Sunday May 26th – Whet (All White Beach Party)
White bathing suit, white swimwear or beach wear, cover ups. Just dress to get wet. Water shoes or sandals that can get wet. Sunblock, hat, waterproof cases for cellphones will be avail for sale.
- Sunday May 26th – Retro (90’s Early 2000’s Party)
Your favourite 90’s swag. Fresh Prince Of Belaire Type Of Ish
- Monday May 27th – Brunch/Cruise (Breakfast On The Beach)
Orange or Yellow beach or swimwear. Sandals
- Monday May 27th – Rave (Glow Party)
Won’t be throwing paint, but it’s still advised to wear clothes you are OK to part ways with. We’ll have glow-in-the-dark washable body paint available for those that want to use it. Otherwise, wear bright neon colours and anything that glows or lights up. Sandals recommended
- Ladies, if you want to pack heels, Mingles, Tease and Retro are the only events where heels are practical however wedges are advised. Diamonds will be outdoors on grass so wedges would work, all other parties are on the beach so dress like you’re going to the beach.
- We’ll have Rum, Vodka and Gin mixes in our drink inclusive bars along with beer. Premium Bottles and Bottle service will be available for purchase. You can purchase with cash or credit card. Bottle Service menu is available on our Instagram page and will be in your printed Itinerary.
- Pack some general first aid items. Electrolytes, band aids, antihistamine, bug spray, sunblock… and yes, condoms. (will have emergency hangover kits avail for sale at each venue)
- Please avoid going on the Motor-bike taxis that will be present and solicitating during the festival. It’s unsafe and we STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU AVOID AT ALL COST.
- Basic Medical insurance is cheap $40 - $70 and we strongly recommend buying it. Don’t need to tell you about the many horror stories regarding incidents on vacation that happen by accident and end up costing a fortune in medical expenses.
- We are an inclusive event, and we will not tolerate discrimination of any form. Anyone who does not abide to our code of conduct will be removed from venue and banned from all future Mocha Fest event. (link for code of conduct here)
- And finally, should you have any issues or concerns during the festival, do not hesitate to reach out to ANY of the Mocha Fest team members. We are easy to find & will have a Gold Wrist Band, and our hostesses will also steer you in the right direction to have someone look after your concerns.
- ONE MORE THING…Negril is very special and so are the resorts we are staying at. We want to be welcomed back to Negril for years to come, and that means we need your support. Do not litter, (nuh dutty up Negril) and please be considerate when entering the hotels late and drunk to not damage the properties and be a nuisance.
After more than four months, the US State Department on Thursday lifted its advisory warning US citizens again...
In March of 2020 when the entire world was forced to go into lockdown due to the threat of the Coronavirus (CO...
An Incredible Video Recap of Yet Another Amazing Hosting of Mocha Fest Memorial Day Weekend Festival in Negril...